Jeffrey Paul, leading celebrity editorial hair stylist, used Aveda products exclusively on Frieda for a fresh, elegant look to complement her eye-catching electric blue John Galliano gown.
“This look has a beautiful architecture; hair is twisted back into a youthful, feminine flower shape that complements Frieda’s face shape and stunning Galliano gown.”How to get the look on your own:
• Start with Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Shampoo and Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Clay Conditioner.
• Mix a cocktail of Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam and Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip. Work the product into wet hair to add texture and volume. “When creating an updo, it’s important to use products that give thickness and body,” says Paul. “Pinto’s hair already has a lot of shine. The cocktail of Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam and Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip provided just the right amount of hold, body and texture without weighing hair down.”
• Blow dry hair back to add lift and height at the roots.
• Create a left side part and divide hair into three sections: three quarters of hair in one section on the right and the remaining hair into two smaller sections.
• Pull the right section of hair back into a low ponytail just behind the right ear above the nape of the neck.
• Twist the ponytail, working Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip into hair. Wrap the ponytail around the base, creating a flower shape. Secure in place with pins.
• Work Aveda Light Elements Defining Whip into each of the remaining sections and twist back and around the flower shape, creating a layered, rose-like effect. “The three twists flow together for beautiful movement,” says Paul.
• Finish the look with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
• Lastly, shake the head a bit to loosen up the look and provide a sense of natural movement.
Now, do a double-take of yourself in the mirror - wow, is that Frieda?!