I said the other day I just don't get all the hype of Matthew Williamson's H&M collection. And I still stand by that - it's just not for me (although, I do LOVE the swimsuit below!) (I'm more of a classic brown and olive green boho girl than a flashy colors-of-the-rainbow chic, but to each his own!).
What I do get is the hair at the launch party the other night. Amazing! Kurt Lowry of Aveda was the exclusive hairstylist, and I thought the models looked so pretty. That subtle, beachy carefree vibe that really makes you wish you could do it yourself, right? Kurts calls it "natural summer hair" and he even used beautiful scarves like the one here to make the look even chicer. Here's the step-by-step guide to get this coveted hair - yay! (I know I can't wait to try!)
1. Draw a clean straight part. Use a straightening iron (from roots to top of the ears) so hair is smooth against head.
2. Place clips from ear to ear in a horizontal line to separate top from bottom (products will differ).
3. Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener onto the top part (creates a high-gloss look!).
4. On the bottom part (below clips), mix Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam with Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion and brush through (this adds texture, volume and hold!)
5. Still below the clip line, wrap sections of hair around a one-inch curling iron (you want ringlets, girl!). Use a diffuser to set into waves.
6. Use fingers to loosen curls, and spray waves with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray (for thickness, texture and shine!). For textured hair only, add Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil for more shine and gloss but without the thickness.
7. Spray the Protective Veil all over hair (less flyaways!).
8. Then spray Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray up top for high shine.
9. Remove the clips and spray more Hair Spray for light hold.
[Photo Credit: Jon Gurinksky for Aveda]