Ah, the weekend. There's not much else like it, huh? It's fair to say I heart the weekend like heels. And, yes, I even wear heels on the weekend. In fact, that's mostly when I wear heels, as a mom to a 17-month-old! This past weekend, we went to our fav brunch spot and I devoured everything. I think I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day (Considering I usually scarf down a Clif Bar in five seconds every morning at the table with little C., I relish these types of meals).
You've probably noticed a lot of my heels are wedges nowadays - and not just because they offer more stability, but because I really and truly love the style. I bought these straw/patent peep-toe wedges last year at an amazing local sale. I'll never ever stop wearing these babies of mine (well, except in the cold days of winter). They're great with dresses, but jeans as well. Patent peep-toes steal my heart every time. Swoon.
Here's how I wore my heels:
* Black cowl-neck dress by Victoria's Secret (long story, but I borrowed this dress for a possible magazine feature. I love the cowl neck because it's flattering to smaller chests like mine, but I'm a bit conservative for the open back, thus the cardi wrap I wore with it.)
* Crystal earrings from Anthropologie (see last week!)
* Black striped cardigan wrap by Ella Moss (this is one of my fav designers...I love the fluidity of every blouse from this line, and the big cocoon sleeves on this one, in particular. A great find at my all-time fav store, Barneys.)
* Black embellished bracelet by alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet (looove a+o, and this bracelet wraps securely around the wrist with a couple of snaps...there's even a beaded flower on it, which you can't see by the photo.)
* Black patent peep-toe wedges by Jimmy Choo (these were on sale, so obvi I had to have them on my feet...they make me feel so tall and proud!)