I must admit I'm terrible at moisturizing my skin. For one reason, because my skin is pretty oily, I neglect it. But the truth is, just because your skin is oily doesn't mean you should skip moisturizer. Your skin needs the moisture and replenishment to stay hydrated, especially in these sweltering months of summer (well, down south anyway! and I've been at the pool allll weekend). So, I also admit, I'm much better about tending to my skin when I have a new, fun product to test out. Enter Vaseline's new Total Moisture lotions.
These dreamy new lotions are the ticket - mmmhmmm. While the Aloe Fresh is a must for my fair skin after coming in from the sun (it's also the lightest feeling of this bunch), I especially love the Cocoa Radiant (which is the richest feeling; it includes pure cocoa butter!). The scent is scrumptious and it's what keeps me coming back for more - and my skin feels so renewed because of it! The yellow bottle shown above is a clean-feeling lotion that contains oat extract, which is the best for those of you with pesky skin irritations (eczema, redness, rosacea, etc.).
Wanna few tips on moisturizing? Here ya go!
- Do it after your shower or bath to seal in hydration and help prevent dryness.
- Do it every day. Daily moisturization helps to create and maintain healthy- looking, radiant skin – just make sure to choose the right lotion for your skin type and the season.
- Look for unique ingredients, which are known for their skin benefits, in your lotion. Vaseline® Total Moisture® has pure oat extract, Aloe Fresh has pure aloe, and Cocoa Radiant™ has pure cocoa butter – each of these natural ingredients has been used extensively in skin care products due to their soothing and moisturizing benefits.
* Oat is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. It is an effective moisturizer, which can soothe dry skin.
* Aloe is a known effective skin conditioning agent, which is also known for its soothing properties. It can help hydrate skin, leaving it feeling refreshed.
* Cocoa butter is a known effective emollient. It helps hydrate the skin and lock in that moisture to keep skin soft, smooth and glowing.
And, remember, most lotions last about two years after they're purchased. But, I'm sure you'll go through these waaaaay before then.
Friendly disclaimer: I was provided with Vaseline® Total Moisture® and information about the products by RocketXL. All opinions are 100% my own.
[Photo Courtesy Rocket XL]