Happy New Year's Eve! I can't believe 2013 is coming to a close (tears), but I'm so ready to see what 2014 has in store. Aren't you? After all, it is the year of the (second) baby for me, so it's sure to be an eventful one. :) We get to experience so many new firsts, this time with a baby girl - and little C. will start preschool! Time sure flies when you're staying busy, y'all. 2013 had an unbelievable string of events (including another fashion week, my encounter with Anna Wintour and, of course, my pregnancy), and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for I Heart Heels.
Obviously since baby L. is due smack in the middle of February's fashion week (approp, yes?), I won't be attending (livestream from the hospital, anyone?), but I do plan to be back at it again come September. This blog brings me so much joy, and I'm glad to celebrate its sixth (!) year in 2014. Thanks for being so spectacular - and hearting heels as much as I do. You're really the best readers ever, and I hope you continue this crazy journey with me - of babies, beauty and big, big heels. Trust me, they're coming back postpartum (I can't wait for you to join me on my journey to getting fit again this year!).
Have a Happy New Year and may all your 2014 dreams come true...mwah! xoxo
Here's how I styled my bump:
* Stella dress gifted by Babes with Babies (this brand is fabulously chic and practical for expecting and nursing moms (don't you love the name?)...can you believe this is a nursing dress?! I'm loving it now, but know I'll be living in it very soon. My fav feature is the cute bubble hem. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can wear it as a dress!)
* Black leggings by Nicole Richie for A Pea in the Pod (maternity staple, hello)
* Jeweled bib necklace from LuckyFABB conference last year
* Stretch bracelet by Lia Sophia
* Knocked Up Diaper Bag gifted by Rebecca Minkoff (such a jewel of a bag, really! there are two sizes, and this is the larger one.)
* Black sneaker wedges by Report, from PacSun
P.S. Bump update! I'm now visiting the ol' doctor every two weeks, and by the time you see me again I'll be going weekly (I might have the courage for one more outfit post, we shall see.)! It's getting harder and harder to do Pilates, um, even the treadmill, as being eight months pregnant not only takes an energy toll on ya, but gosh makes ya downright sore. TMI, I know. I've had awesome sleep until right about this week when trips to the bathroom are keeping me up, and making it hard for me to fall back asleep. But those are the only complaints, so I'll take it!
Everything is looking great - and my shoes still fit. Can I get a huge SIGH of relief on that one? Of course, I have slight swelling (fingers...face...ugh), but the fact that I have absolutely no swelling in my feet is just mind-boggling to me. So shhhh...I'm seriously still enjoying wearing wedges (no judging).
Next month look for a full post on my maternity photos I took back in November, as well as tons of photos of the nursery...squeal! I'm getting super excited. :)