Yep, you knew there would be a holiday party edition of how I wore my heels. One of my fav things about the holiday season is getting all dressed up in my heels (obvi) for at least one occasion...even if it's for family and no one really cares. The other day, in fact, little C. said to me, "we're not dressed up today," referring to himself and D. Then, he looked at me with a blank stare, and informed me that I was, in fact, dressed up (even though I was merely in cords and sneaker wedges). Sometimes, I wish I was good at just letting loose and being carefree in the way I dress (cue Beyonce's If I Were A Boy here), but it's just a part of who I am. Since I was a little girl, I've loved to play dress-up...some things just never change! Shrug.
Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about leather this fall/winter season (faux or not), and had an undying sensation to find something perfect for the holidays. Something wearable, actually. While I love my leather pants I bought this fall, I rarely wear them. So when Nicole Miller approached me with this jewel of a top? Well, there was no hesitation. This cobalt blue is quite possibly my fav color of all time, and, natch, I already had a pair of shoes to match it. The laser-cute design on this shirt is phenom, and it's something I'll wear for eternity. Pair it with black pants, or if you're daring and going more cash, skinny jeans and (my fav) sneaker wedges. Either way, you'll make a statement from both the front and the back.
Here's how I wore my heels
* Laser Cut Faux Leather Top gifted by Nicole Miller (leather front...jersey back! such a fun twist on a classic tee design and so very comfy.)
* Black "Martin" trousers by Banana Republic (believe or not, I used to live in these "work" pants and they are def staples. So quality and they've stood the test of time for years.
* Blue heels gifted by Jessica Simpson Collection (these add spice to ANY outfit...duh)
* Dagger Chain Bib Necklace gifted by RiffRaff (I'm a sucker for a statement necklace and I think this adds even more to this already amazing top!)
* 3-Zip Rocker Clutch by Rebecca Minkoff (I scored this at my local TJ Maxx a couple of years ago and haven't looked back. SO many zippers and the fringe makes me happy! There's a skinny strap, too, to make it a crossbody.)